Sunday, July 31, 2011

Cocoa Beach 2002


I found these older pictures of a quick trip we took to Cocoa Beach years ago. The "baby" in the pictures is now 9 years old! Holy cow does time fly!
I really wanted to work on a beach page today. While I was digging through the drawers yesterday, I ran across a few little ziplock bags of sand and beaches that we had collected from our vacation trips.

Sketchy Thursdays had this great sketch this week with a multi photo sketch. Love all the blocking and this paper I found was perfect!

The background paper is from Wild Asparagus. I love these papers and I am so glad I ran across a whole stack of them! The center paper is a solid piece of off white cardstock that was distressed and inked up. The seashell blocks were cut from a very cool sheet of patterned paper from Creative Imaginations. The colors on this sheet were just gorgeous!

For a few other embellishments, I added some Magic Mesh and a few seashells. In the center of the real shells, I added the one lonely seashell charm I had left. I threaded some aqua fibers to the charm for a pop of color to the corner.

I'm trying to ignore this headache that is trying to sneak in today....wish me luck!!


2 comments:

  1. Love love love love this! I loveeeeeeeeee the photos and the shells!! Thanks soooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete