Saturday, June 18, 2011

Young Love


We never really liked this picture of us. It was taken about 12 years ago at a family wedding. It was buried in a box until I finally decided it was time to do something with all those hidden pictures.

This is sketch #160 from Creative Scrappers. I was able to use up quite a few scraps of papers. I added a few strips that I punched with my border punch.

The cluster of flowers came from the big drawer. I swear I cannot seem to make a dent in this stash! And I haven't been buying anything new! I think they just keep growing and multiplying while I'm sleeping...
Unfortunately, my button stash is getting depleted. I added a few to the centers of the flowers. It took me a while to find the right colors. I guess a trip to the store is in order today....

The butterflies are chipboard pieces from K&Company. I don't know why I had to have them...other than they were really pretty!

This whole color scheme came about from my co-workers beautiful blouse. She wouldn't let me take a picture of it to show you. But the color combination was just gorgeous. As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to use the combo on a page.

The background was originally a light cream color. I used 3 different colors of misting on it to tone it down a bit.

I am so happy to finally finish this page! It's been on my desk for a week and now I have to clean up!




1 comment:

  1. Wendy -I love this one so beautiful love the colors and the flowers- great take on this sketch also. I have an award over at my blog if you would like to go pick it up. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete