Saturday, June 11, 2011

My Handy Man


Now that Summer is here, it looks like my days of scrapping all day are over. I'm so excited to finally be able to spend the days outside....stocking up on pictures! lol! Here in Chicago, we have an excellent chance of getting snowed in (or a deep freeze) and I always want to make sure I have lots of pictures to "keep me warm" and busy!

This sketch from the Studio Challenges didn't quite end up how I had envisioned it. As you can see, it's a far fetch from the original sketch. But once the wheels started turning, I couldn't fit on my page what I had in my head. But I can say, it was a starting point.

My second challenge was from The Paper Variety. It's all about The Guys! This is my little guy tearing up the laundry room to make room for more shelves. Let me just say....he was NOT really doing this! Dad did the work and the little one supervised. It was tough, but he held back and mostly watched. We let him take a shot with the hammer once and he kinda tapped the wall....he was afraid he was going to do more damage and I would get mad at him. He couldn't understand why I wasn't mad at Dad! Of course, I couldn't be mad...the new shelves were for my scrap stash! But we gave My Little Handyman all the credit...he's a great supervisor!

I misted the background paper so it didn't look so "clean". The text is an overlay from Creative Imaginations. I HAD to go out and buy all the home remodeling scrapbook goodies when we were doing lots of work on our house. I have to find those other pictures....I can't believe how much stuff I bought for this reason!

The adorable little tool stickers are from Recollections at Michael's. And there are a few other elements from the Man of the House collection from Bella Blvd.

Not sure what the weather is going to be like today. We have a big Summer Kick Off party with our Park District. Then we are hoping to sneak in our strawberry picking get together. After all this rain, I should end up with lots of mud pictures too....and that's NOT a bad thing!

Off to sneak in another page before we get our day started.... :)

1 comment:

  1. What cute photos of your little guy!! Thanks for sharing this great lo w/us at the Paper Variety! :)

    ReplyDelete