Saturday, February 19, 2011

Finally scrapping again!


It's really getting harder and harder to find time to scrap lately. By the time I get home from work, I'm too exhausted to even think about what to work on. There are so many fun things going on in the scrapping world, trying to play with them all is quite the challenge itself.
I wake up extra early in the morning, try to get some scrapping therapy, and then it's off to ...whatever it is that day. Right now, I'm off to a basketball game. Hopefully, I can squeeze in another page or two later on. I really miss this stuff....

I tried to combine a few challenges.....

First off is a great sketch from Sketch Inspiration #207. :)


Next is the challenge at Scrap Our Stash. We had to create a project about LOVE. I chose this great picture from our Family Reunion last summer. Seeing how the family has grown over the last 20 years, I thought this sticker sentiment from 3 Bugs in a Rug was perfect! :)
I also tried out the Moxie Fab challenge, which was to use Shimmer sprays. I placed a heart shaped doily on my background paper to use as a mask and used a dark blue Shimmer Spray. :)

Since I didn't use any patterned papers at all...(which is the HARDEST thing to do!), I am submitting this to Frosted Designs this week. Why is it so hard NOT to use patterned papers?? Is it because I have so much of it?? Great challenge! :)

At Scrap Whispers, the challenge was to recycle something for your project. I saved this ribbon from a gift bag. I can't even remember how long it's been around, but I just knew I would use it someday! It's so pretty...I wish I could find more of it. :)

5 comments:

  1. Wendy... great job making the most out of your time! You were able to get a lot of challenges with this one LO! LOVE the way you misted the heart on the background!! And your flowers are lovely! Thanks for taking on our no PP challenge at Frosted Designs this week!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the sketch! and your take on it too! the misted heart! beautiful flowers and bling really set it off wonderfully! thanks for sharing at Frosted Designs this week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job misting that heart!!! And you are right...it's sometimes super hard to use just cardstock, but you rocked it! :)

    Thanks for taking the challenge this week at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your masking and shimmer spray technique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Wendy! Thanks for entering the Stamping with Shimmer Sprays Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete