Saturday, January 22, 2011

Frosted Friday Challenge!

Well, here we are with yet ANOTHER frigid weekend! Luckily, I have nothing to do AGAIN, but sit inside, nice and warm and scrap.
I've been trying to catch up on a few things around the house that need to be taken care of. But then....I saw these challenges and they needed to be taken care of too!

The sketch is from My Sketch World. This is the January 17th sketch. Be sure to check out the forum for more fun sketches!

Frosted Designs has Fabulous Friday Challenges. This week's challenge was to use vellum, transparencies, or acrylic on your layout or project.

I used a piece of vellum text paper that says "Let it Snow". This was actually a leftover piece...gotta use those scraps! The patterned paper is from Heidi Grace. I cut the circle piece and used a little Glimmer Mist on it. The title are letters from Maya Road Sheer Alphas. I thought this would look good for the challenge too. Scattered around the page are lots of vellum snowflake stickers. The slide mounts are from a swap I was in a million years ago. The center of the slide is a sheer mesh with a silver snowflake stamped right on it. In the corners of each slide are acrylic snowflakes. :)
I searched my whole stash and just couldn't find a transparency that would work for this page. :(
Once the temperatures reach above zero, I might venture out to stock up on new stuff. :)






3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, love the monochromatic colors. Thanks for playing with us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Love this Lo! All of the shades of blue really create a nice winter feel! And the pictures are just too cute! Thanks for taking on our challenge this week!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty layout!! Love the blue and the snowflakes! Thanks for playing with us over at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete